Food for Friday [Egg Pancake]

Hello everyone and Welcome once again!

Today is quite a lazy Friday for us. We started the day with an amazing bowl full of porridge, banana and chia seeds. Is it just me or porridge really fill us up? It's been three hours since i had my breakfast and I still feel quite full.
Because it's super cold outside we decided to stay in during the morning, but we will definitely make the most of our sunny afternoon. Anyway, I'm here today to share with you my super easy and quick recipe of
Egg Pancake. 


* I should let you know that all the ingredients I use are organic and my recipes are all gluten, dairy, wheat and refined sugar free. To know more about my diet just go to my About page.


Chicken and Veggies on Egg Pancake




serves 1 

1/2 Chicken Breast

1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 garlic clove
pepper
salt

Pancake

1/2 tsp coconut oil
2 eggs

black pepper
salt
hand full of spinaches
4tbsp grated carrots
2tbsp grated courgette
1/2 chicken breast
1tsp flaxseeds
olive oil



Chicken Breast
[If your chicken breast is already made you can skip this part]

Start by  putting your coconut oil in the wok. Let it melt completely and try to spread it through the wok by moving it. Live it in the minimum while you make your chicken tasty.
Cut the chicken in small pieces. Add the salt, chopped garlic and pepper.
When you feel that the coconut oil is warm enough just put the chicken in the wok. 


*I cook in low temperatures, always. 

When the chicken breast is ready is time to started adding the other ingredients. In the same wok start adding one handfull of spinaches, mix it well with the chicken. Then add the 4tbsp of grated carrots and the 2tbsp of cougette. Mix it and leave it for a couple of minutes.
While the veggies are cooking with the chicken is time to grab a bowl and break the two eggs. 


In one large pan put your 1/2tsp of coconut oil and add the mixed eggs. Leave it for three minuts and turn it around. Once ready you can pass it to your plate. At this time your chicken and veggies must be ready so you can just put them over your warm fluffy omelete base. And tan-dan! your Egg Pancake is almost ready.
Make sure you add 1tsp of flaxseeds, some olive oil [as much as you like] and you're ready to enjoy your lunch!




I'm enjoying my Egg Pancake with my water filled with berries and lime. Yumm!

This recipe is really good for dinner as well because it has no carbs. Or you may also would like to add some quinoa or lentils to the pancake. A great way to eat this Egg Pancake is to fold it in the middle and add some cheese [to cheese lovers].



Hope you enjoyed todays recipe! Next coming is the Tuna Mess. Make sure you don't miss it and feel free to follow me on Instagram and leave comments.



Love,
Ella

 

Comments

  1. This looks really tasty. I'll definitely be trying it myself. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment