Let's get organised!

I went back to work this week. It was not a drama at all leaving Amélia because she is with dady, the person that I trust the most. I do miss being around her all day long but I get to spend all the afternoons and weekends with her (lucky me!).


If in one hand it was not hard leaving her [at least not as much as I thought] it was hard enough to get organised at home. There is always laundry to do, meals to prepare, babies purées to cook and house work to do. Because the first two days were going so wrong I decided to make a schedule for the week. So today I will live you a list with some tips for you to get organised when you are working + have a baby to take care of + house work to do + life to live.


. The first tip is Don't stress: don't worry to much about house work if you haven't done it today you can do it tomorrow [no one will do it for you, anyway]. But it's good to set up a day to clean, hoover and do a massive load of laundry - mine is Saturday.

. Play time is essential: leave your phone on the side; don't touch your computer and turn the TV off. Make time for you and your baby. Enjoy every second because [it may sound like a cliché but it's the truth] babies grow up SO fast! It's important to give attention to your baby and spend some time playing, showing toys or reading books.

. Freeze babies' meals: If you are a Mumy and your baby is already having solids/purées you have double work. Now you don't have to worry only about bottles but you have to worry about the meals for your baby. Again, choose a day. Make purées for one week and freeze them. That way you won't have to worry every single day about what your baby is going to eat, you just have to take the purée out the night before, leave to defrost and warm it up the day after. This saves me a lot of time.

. Get your meals ready: cook your veggies, your quinoa, rice, pasta and cook a big quantity so you can store it in the fridge or freezer. This saves you time and helps you to keep going healthy even when you are tired and with no time.

. Prepare your Breakfast: I have to wake up very early in the morning and I'm the kind of girl that does anything for 5more minutes of sleep. I usually have porridge so I put my oats soaking in the almond milk the night before I prepare the fruit that I'm having as well. For example if I'm having apple with the porridge I would peel the apple, cut it in small pieces and save it in the fridge. In the morning I only have to warm the porridge, add the fruit and top it with chia seeds.

Buy online: I have to say that prefer going to the shop and spend some time looking to everything and buy the things that I need but it saves a lot of time if I but groceries online. I just have to do that once a week and the day after I have everything that I need so I don't have to spend one hour at the supermarket. Plus most of the supermarkets do deliveries and you get a lot of promotions and even free deliveries - grab those promotions, they are actually worth it!

. Different days for Laundry: Instead of doing yours [and your partner's] and your babies' laundry in the same day do it in different days. For example - on Mondays make two loads of babies clothes, the day after wash only your clothes. It's easier, it's more organised and you won't have clothes everywhere all the time.

. Have dinner earlier: I'm the kind of person that has dinner after baby is asleep, around 9pm. This week I had to change that, for good - have dinner before put baby girl to sleep. 

. Make time for yourself: It's hard to find time for ourselves when we are working full time and have a baby to take care of but we can't forget that is important to have some alone time. Since I started having dinner earlier I found out that I have one hour just for me - to relax, talk to friends, read a book or just watch my favourite series on TV. I also love having a lush (bobble) bath, it's the kind if thing that relaxes me the most so whenever I have some extra time I run a warm bath and enjoy it for half an hour.

. Plan a day out: Having a day out is important for us and our babies. I have weekends off so I choose either Saturday or Sunday to have a day out - going to the park, shopping, walk around the city, go to the museum, having lunch in a nice restaurant or just go for a walk near the river.



Hope you can find some help with these tips. Enjoy the rest of for weekend!


Love,
Ella


Comments