AMÉLIA #1 To my dearest daughter


You are the most beautiful person I've ever met. Yes, you are still very tiny, but let me tell you that you are a huge world inside that tinie-tiny person body. You have the most beautiful eyes I will ever see and the biggest eye lashes in the World. You have the perfect lips and these big chubby chicks that I could kiss all day. You are beautiful. 
Today you turn 10months, and like every time, on the 13th of every month, I ask you "Amélia, do you remember the day you came out of mummy's belly? Remember that I was shaking a lot and I cried even more than you? That you recognised my voice and calmed down while laying on top of me? Remember that daddy put you your first nappy and was the first one holding you?" Again, I know you are still a tiny person, I know you will never remember that moment and that's why I ask you every month the same. So one day, you can know, so I can remember every day, so I can't forget that day. 

Today, like every month, I sang you Happy monthly Birthday, and like every single day since you were born, I kissed you like crazy and I fell even more in love with you. 

Oh baby, were so many the people that told me how is hard to be a mother: a lot of work, a lot of non sleep nights, a lot of cries and poos, a lot of "not doing anything because you have a baby and you don't have time for nothing else". Oh baby, if only I knew that you would be so different. That from 4weeks old you would let me sleep for 12hours every night without making any noise, that you would be so calm, so happy, so mine. That you wouldn't cry all day every day, Amélia you don't even cry every day. Amélia I used to worry because you would spend several days without crying, even for a second. 
Oh baby, if only I knew that instead of stealing my time you would actually make my time worth, make my heart smile and my life so full of happiness. If only I knew that babies are such a blessing. 
Oh baby, if only those people have told me that babies are the most amazing thing that can happen to us. That babies are so smart and worth every night awake.
If only they knew how lucky I am to be chosen to be your mother. 

Oh baby, if only you knew that you are the best I ever had.



És a pessoa mais bonita que alguma vez conheci. Sim, ainda és muito pequenina, mas és um Mundo inteiro dentro corpo pequenininho. Tens os olhos mais bonitos que alguma vez irei ver e as pestanas mais compridas de sempre. Tens os lábios tão perfeitinhos e umas bochechinhas que só quero encher de beijos o dia todo. Tu és tão bonita.
Hoje fazes 10meses e, como sempre, no dia 13 de todos os meses eu pergunto-te "Amélia, lembraste do dia em que saiste da barriga da mamã? Lembraste que eu tremia tanto e consegui chorar ainda mais do que tu? Que reconheceste a minha voz e ficaste tão serena deitada no meu peito? Lembraste que foi o papá que te pôs a primeira fralda e foi o primeiro a ter-te nos braços?" Sim, eu sei que ainda és muito pequenina, e sim, eu sei que nunca te vais lembrar desse dia, mas eu gosto de te contar. Para que um dia te lembres, para me recordar todos os dias, para não chegar o dia em que me esqueço.

Hoje, como em todos os meses, cantei-te os Parabéns, como em todos os dias desde que nasceste enchi-te de beijos e fiquei ainda mais apaixonada por ti.

Oh bebé, foram tantas as pessoas que fizeram questão de me dizer o quão difícil é ser mãe: uma carga de trabalhos, muitas noites em branco, muito choro e cocó, tantos "vai ser só bebé e nunca mais vais ter tempo para nada". Oh Amélia, se eu soubesse que tu ias ser tão diferente. Que ias dormir mais de 12horas por noite desde as 4semanas sem fazer um único barulho. Que ias ser uma bebé tão calma, tão feliz, tão minha.  Que não ias chorar o dia todo, todos os dias. Aliás, tu nem choras todos os dias. Amélia, costumava ficar preocupada porque passavam-se vários dias sem ouvir um choro teu.
Oh Amélia, se eu soubesse que ao invés de me roubares o meu tempo, tu fatias com que o meu tempo valesse realmente a pena, que farias o meu coração sorrir e que irias encher a minha vida de felicidade. Se eu soubesse que os bebés são uma benção tão grande.
Oh Amélia, se aquelas pessoas me tivessem dito que os bebés são a melhor coisa que nos pode acontecer. Que os bebés são tão inteligente se que valem por todas as noites em branco.
Se eu soubesse a sorte que tenho por ter sido escolhida para ser tua mãe.

Oh Amélia, se tu soubesses que és a melhor coisa que alguma vez tive.





Love,
Mummy

Comments